Corporate Access KeyFobs
Most current corporate access control systems are still only generally related to an individual – not tied to an individual. Logical and physical access can benefit tremendously from reliable and portable biometric user authentication.
The NEXT area sensor is intuitive to operate while flat and small enough to fit into a portable device. An optional chip verifies enrolled fingerprints in less than 1 second. Therefore, a biometric key fob with an NFC or Bluetooth interface can become an indispensable daily work tool. Efficient and secure SSO (single sign on), VPN access, and opening doors to restricted areas are all possible with NEXT fingerprint authentication.
The embedded module is a very affordable component and can also support solutions with on-card biometric comparison. It consumes low power and can authenticate many times before the batteries require recharging.
Top 5 Keys to Mass Market Success
- Size of sensor active area (intuitive and tolerant touch sensor - 201 mm2)
- Small overall dimensions (easily integrate into physical design)
- Quality of algorithm (accurate and fast authentication embedded)
- Cost efficiency (affordable area sensor)
- Good ergonomic design (allows consistent quality placement of finger)
NEXT Distribution Strategy and Deliverables
NEXT will partner with leading providers of corporate security systems to create new markets for portable authentication. The cost-efficient area sensor requires minimal space and enables competitive product solutions.
NEXT will offer its partners the following products and services:
- The relevant modules :
- Low-level sensor integration for qualified volume commitment
- Algorithm and chip (optional)
- Reference designs
- Access to a partner network (for hardware integration and production)