Mobile NFC payment is a fast growing market. Current solutions lack strong user authentication, forcing credit lenders and commercial banks to limit transaction value (among other measures). An affordable yet reliable biometric user authentication can help to realize the full potential.
The NEXT fingerprint area sensor offers high quality at a cost suitable for hardware devices in the financial services industry. Its short profile and power-efficient operation make it an ideal component for battery-powered scenarios. An optional chip executes embedded verification of the user's registered fingerprints in less than 1 second and is prepared for on-card biometric comparison.
Top 5 Keys to Mass Market Success
- Size of sensor active area (intuitive and tolerant touch sensor - 201 mm2)
- Cost efficiency (affordable area sensor)
- Small overall dimensions (easily integrated into physical design)
- Quality of algorithm (accurate and fast authentication embedded)
- Good ergonomic design (allows consistent quality placement of finger)
NEXT Distribution Strategy and Deliverables
NEXT will partner with leading providers of payment solutions to facilitate contactless biometric key fobs as one of the leading solutions. The cost-efficient area sensor requires minimal space and supports competitive products.
NEXT offers its partners the following products and services:
- The relevant modules :
- Low-level sensor integration for qualified volume commitment
- Algorithm and chip (optional)
- Reference design
- Access to a partner network (for hardware integration and production)