Most people log in to a company or personal notebook several times a day – seemingly a perfect opportunity for fingerprint verification. Why then do most sensors installed in notebooks go unused? Because swipe sensors were designed to keep costs low, without respect to the user experience. They demand a long learning curve and do not work reliably in practice, frustrating even the most cooperative users.
Silicon area sensors to date have not been added to mass volume notebooks. They are intuitive to operate, but, due to the large area required, are far too expensive for commercial notebooks.
The NEXT sensor combines the strengths of both approaches: a highly competitive cost paired to a large area sensor for the notebook segment.
Microsoft has clearly stated that fingerprint biometrics is the way to go -- disqualifying other biometric traits.
With an unparalleled combination of quality and cost, NEXT intends to become the leading supplier.
Top 5 Keys to Mass Market Success
- Size of sensor active area (intuitive and tolerant touch sensor – min. 148 mm2)
- Cost efficiency (satisfies low component price)
- Quality of algorithm (reliable authentication in less than 1 second)
- Minimal sensor thickness (fits into a thin notebook form factor)
- Good ergonomic design (easy to touch in a uniform fashion)
NEXT Distribution Strategy and Deliverables
NEXT will partner with leading brand designers and manufacturers of notebooks and, offer its partners the following products and services:
- The relevant modules :
- High quality algorithm and OS integration
- Embedded processing on module (optional)
- Support and advice on hardware integration
- System-level integration advice and support