Doors & Turnstiles
Physical Access Control is one of the most mature markets for biometrics, and fingerprint sensor based systems today dominate this space. Face-, voice- and iris-based recognition systems have not achieved the same success.
The NEXT sensor module with an SPI interface has a small form factor and easily integrates into door locks, turnstiles and wall-mounted access control terminals. The large area sensor is intuitive to operate by inexperienced users. Custom support for integrating the NEXT sensor with existing algorithms ensures operational stability.
An optional chip for embedded processing with a NEXT certified partner algorithm is available. Processing in less than 1 second for more than 2,000 enrolled users provides high throughput.
The cost of the NEXT module compares very favorably with all credible alternative sensor systems offered within this space.
Top 5 Keys to Mass Market Success
- Size of sensor active area (intuitive and tolerant touch sensor - 201 mm2
- Quality of algorithm (accurate and fast authentication, remote or embedded)
- Good ergonomic design (allows consistent quality placement of finger)
- Cost efficiency (affordable area sensor)
- Small overall dimensions (easily integrated into physical design)
NEXT Distribution Strategy and Deliverables
NEXT will partner with geographic market leaders for door locks, turnstiles and similar products. The cost-efficient area sensor requires minimal space and eliminates bulky hardware design while reducing hardware costs.
NEXT will offer its partners the following products and services:
- The relevant modules
- Low-level sensor integration for qualified volume commitment
- Algorithm and chip (optional)
- Access to partner network (for hardware integration and manufacturing)