Point of Sale Terminals
A POS (Point Of Sale) terminal is a moderate volume, quality-critical application. Serious system integrators will not make compromises on key factors impacting security and user convenience.
When all levels of security and convenience are similar, integrators will choose lower priced sensor modules. The cost difference between the NEXT sensors and similar-sized silicon area sensors is significant.
Top 5 Keys to Mass Market Success
POS Terminal user convenience, security level and overall value (for decision makers and users) will primarily be determined by:
- Sensor size (min size = 148 mm2 active area)
- Sensor image quality (min 320 dpi, low level of distortion, 256 grey scale levels)
- Quality of algorithm
- Ergonomic design (a physical frame guiding easy and uniform finger placement)
- System Costs (of which silicon area sensors constitutes a significant %)
NEXT Distribution Strategy and Deliverables
NEXT will partner with leading world systems manufacturers and integrators. Significantly reducing their costs will improve margins, competitiveness and potentially increase the size of the market.
NEXT offers its partners the following products and services:
- The relevant modules :
- Support and advice on hardware integration (when needed)
- A NEXT Certified Partner Algorithm (when needed)
- System level integration support